- Care needs to be taken during transportation and disposal of trimmings from mowing or cutting.
- Stands can be established from the dispersal of seeds or stolon fragments from rhizomes.
- Clippings should not be composted.
- Cut plants should be bagged in thick plastic bags, and allowed to dry out or decay in the sun to kill all viable seeds and rhizomes.
- Dried and dead Phragmites plants can be burned or the bags must be disposed of at an appropriate municipal staging and disposal location.
- Contact local municipal staging and disposal location prior to disposal.
- All clothing, boots, and equipment should be cleaned on-site to avoid transportation and dispersal of Phragmites.